Friday, June 25, 2010

A Bitlonger... to end that Singing

I have deactivated my Facebook and Twitter accounts, and will no longer be posting or tweeting to those accounts. This is the bigger challenge I see standing before me. I’m so much used to social networking these days, but at the end of the day, I realize that most of the conversations that happen through these sites are not of much use to me or vice-versa.

Participating in social networks like Facebook, Orkut, Twitter etc... is fantastic, but you need to be incredibly disciplined and focused, that you don't begin to allow the network to swallow you and your valuable time. It was all fun in the beginning to find old school mates, lost girlfriends, and as time passed by... I had more friend requests pouring in and even Facebook suggests you friends frequently...so I just opted to adding adding and adding more friends, and as i built my network, my news feed became bigger n busier... Now bigger is my news feed and bigger is the noise-to-signal ratio... More news creates more noise!!! More noise, less Clarity or no Clarity. This news feed now seems to me like a tsunami.

As I login to my homepage... it would be full of gossips, ched chads, masala and what not....
Someone likes a photo, someone dislikes a comment...
Someone is crying and a Newborn is smiling...
Someone is saying poetry, some others behind poultry...
Sometimes it's fighting and most of the time it's friendship... Friendship with people whom we never can meet, or say never intend to.

But still I would check the site many more times a day to find something new and interesting... Now i become a free version of human spam filter to parse through the news feed tsunami and find what is important/usefull and what is not. Most of the times everything seemed absolute garbage to me... And by any chance, do I find a usefull piece/post... I would immediately comment on it or click on like... And in most cases people found my comments to be absolute garbage... What you give is what you take after all... Ha Ha Haaaa

In this event of processing my news feed... Suddenly i would notice a chat window pop n say..hi dude, wazzup??? Followed by a smiley... Then have lots of “shallow” interaction with him involving some alien language to me... Like ciao, wateva, WTF, omg, gr8, b4, LOLz, gudn8... Which needs a hell lot of time for interpretation...
Now am stuck here, as I question my self... am i a debugger or a compiler???

Finally, I have found myself posting updates and photos just to see what other people think or have to say, just to get their reactions. And why do I need a reaction or a reaction to reactions... am not RGV!!!

For instance if i posted a pic of my daughter... people would obviously comment something good like nice pic, cute baby, nice smile, wow superb photo... or rather I would expect them to. Then why should I care about the reactions which are quite obvious?

Now coming onto the Twitter part.... Why should I follow someone or why should someone follow me indeed. We all should follow our goal, and have focus on it. Twitter to me is like an All India Industrial Exhibition... Too loud, too noisy, too much traffic, too many people... and everyone has got a handful of job... a job to compile those short codes or the so called tweets. I have been following many celebrities and most of the time my home page scrolls too much with their tweets... Again like the news feed of Facebook. And this time it's tweet tsunami !! and here i end up counting a 1000 @ symbols. So I better call it @tsunami :-)

Now Facebook and Twitter have become a synonym for my life... Every little thing I do was posted, and I used to grab those reactions... It's become a habit to open the browser with two stacked windows of each site... And now as I get away from the system even for a while... I find myself tapping those apps for Facebook and Twitter on my iPhone. I find myself very much addicted and busy to filter spam, debug everyones' posts, compile those chat shortcuts, grab those reactions, welcome some dislikes, take those pokes' n pinches'... And guess what, when I was browsing through my photo album.... Was actually looking out for the like button... ha ha haaaa... and so, I thought it's enough.

Too much of tweeting even got me the habit of adding to .... !!!!! ????? :-) :-( :-D to every possible line... Be it an SMS or a Formal letter or even a Business Agreement.
My meaning for punctuation has become unusual.

Finally to put it simple... Facebook made me an open book and Twitter transformed me into a bird... singing wrong songs at wrong places all the time... So now am glad that I have put an end to this singing...

35 comments:

Kamal Krishna said...

baundiraa sodhi..... ardhamaindi ne feelings... nuv chepina dantlo kuda facts unnai... gud that u came out of addiction...
sarle looking forward for more sodhi kaburlu....

Uday Kiran said...

Hey Bava,

I partially agree with you...
Its true that, people are getting addicted to these social networking sites.

But because of these SN sites we are able to express what actually we are, where do we stand compare to others and stuff like that...

If you don't show up your self.. how will your old girlfriends know weather you're still a bachelor or got married!! Who knows if you were still single they might have been ready to mingle. He he hee.

Unknown said...

// I realize that most of the conversations that happen through these sites are not of much use to me or vice-versa. //


Sir, you should not be commercial

Bhanu Avirineni said...

Raja...it dont mean commercial, don't intend to be... A conversation shud b useful to at least one of the ppl who r talking...

Anand said...

hmmm... realized that u can write well... donno how long u took for it n whether someone proof-read it... but d write up was good... content also... but u sounded like a loser... u cud hav made it sound inspiring... :) goodluck chinna

Anand said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

// For instance if i posted a pic of my daughter... people would obviously comment something good like nice pic, cute baby, nice smile, wow superb photo... or rather I would expect them to. Then why should I care about the reactions which are quite obvious? //


idhi ekkada anyayam sir ... now if I post a comment saying your daughter is not cute, then will you feel - "wow ! this is interesting ... some one has posted a not so obvious comment"

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Sir, you were very normal and nice in the beginning ... ippudu ila endhuku ayipoyaaro ardham kaavatledhu ... please stay away from RGV and his blogs ...

heart throb entertainers said...

aaaaaaa,ninnu matram vadalam..ekkada vunna fallow avutaa..because...i wanna work with you guys for my first film......which is taken more time

Anonymous said...

very nice decision indeed...
totally agree.
"Then why should I care about the reactions which are quite obvious?"
very true.

keep blogging and avoid fb,twitter no matter who says anything..., or forces you... its always good to think independently.

sandhya said...

hello my dear brother one good thing u did is that u deleted ur account ,Very Very goood know u will get lot of time to spend with theertha and vadina,but I am so sad that we will miss ur sodhi kaburlu...hahahaa

Yenti nana chala depth ga rasavu blog.While creating the account itself u know its waste of time then y did u do that.Yenta nuvvu creative person ayte matram Orkut,FaceBook lo creativity expect cheste yela!
100% what u wrote in ur blog is correct but 50% of them in know facts so yekuva alochinchaku.

Finally one thing please come back to facebook we all will miss u.Especially I will miss u bcaz I started facebook 4 u.

Anonymous said...

Burra fry!ahh 7up try.nachibdhi boss ni matter.nuvvu baaga visigipoyav.e matter chadhivaka ea reaction evvalo naku thelidam ledhu.thelisinappudu pamputhale bye.

Chaitanya Dantuluri said...

The reason why you sent a personal sms "requesting" to go through your blog and comment on it means still you are CRAVING. the attention from others which is exactly the same reason people are so addicted to FACE BOOK or TWITTER.
at-least don't give up writing in this blog... u know i am always a fan for all your craziness...
(and i see some comments have been deleted? why? were they praising you???)

Bhanu Avirineni said...

My dear Raja... i am normal as usual, now i have become nice to nicest and don't worry abt RGV's blog. I Never read his blog. Thanx for your comments

Bhanu Avirineni said...

Anand... thanx chinna for your comment. took me around 3 hrs to write this post. i myself read it 10-15 times to make sure it's right. and yes i apologize and accept that i was a loser when i was on Facebook and Twitter. these Social networking sites are not for undisciplined people like me. i wanted to express it and did so. A lost soul not knowing what to do! but now i have overcome as i quit :-) happy tweeting to you and happy blogging to me. Plz chk back frequently as i intend to update my blog every weekend.

Bhanu Avirineni said...

Chaitanya... i read 2 of yours, one of my bammaridi Sisir's, 2 of my friend Prabhakar's and one of RGV's blog posts till date... as you know this is my first post ever on my blog. so was excited to share and tell all of you that am writing finally!!! and no i haven't deleted any comments. Raja's comments were posted twice actually. maybe he deleted them himself. and ya will try writing atleast once every week. Plz chk back frequently and comment whenever possible. Here i find more space to be my own, as i won't be influenced by the "news feed tsunami" take care.

Bhanu Avirineni said...

Sandhya... you can follow vadina on facebook..she'll update you... will be in touch don't worry, and no i won't return to SN... atleast till i believe that am focused enough! take care and thanx for those cute comments.

Crazyguy @ SiR said...

Nice article anna. Good thoughts too BTW(By The Way). Well, ikkada kuda the same, obvious ae ani feel avvadhu . . Will try to respond differently the next time. Until then ciao . . .

Srisailam said...

complete sodhi.....
ok finally you accepted this...
anyway bhanu thinks he is scholar...or yogi..
he is a bullshit...
he speaks shit..
his mother thinks he is a role model to everybody here...
but the truth...he is a land roller who can be at-least used for laying roads ....
finally i can say one thing he is complete time-pass for us ...
one day he told ,he is in affair with a lady...I was surprised for whole week ..that how this miracle happen...i cannot speak more about this more...

coming to face book issue, he is true about that...
if have too many account loike facebook or any other its like if we indulge in this , we will be putting aside daily schedules...
its completely time for us...
but for bhanu its useful....
bhanu don't do this ...
your fans will be missing you...

any way you are garbage.. being garbage don't quit garbage....thans
srisailam....

SysErr said...

blogging is definitely on the creative side of things as opposed to tweeting ! Keep writing as we religiously follow your sodhi kaburlu.

Anand said...

chinna, srisailam anna cheppindhi konchem translate cheyyava... :)will chk ur blog regularly...

Durga Prasad said...

I am sure it took lot of frustration and though process to take this decision and write this post, I partly agree with you and miss you on SN.

Keep posting some good stuff on your blog.

Unknown said...

Just visited your blog..You are awesome dear...Got a lot of talents hidden, waiting to come out...Way to go buddy...

It sure is real fun learning or adapting new ways, but having control over it..truly matters.

You are the BEST when you are yourself and YOU TRULY ARE ONE OF A KIND. Let nothing bother you....

Fly away to Glory, My Friend.

Brahma Mahesh said...

hi bhanu. welcome to the blogspace. its me brahma_creator from twitter.Do you remember? I asked you to start a blog on designing and I thought u started for the above said purpose only. anyways have a grt stay.Pl follow my blog at http://khaderbad.blogspot.com if possible.

sandhya said...

hello my dear brother srisailam ravla bhanu blog is about face book and some social networking sites.Then y r u writing comments about his mother and his Gf.

Prabhu's Blog said...

Completely agree with Chaitanya dantuluri,,and like anand said,,please interpret Srisailam for us

Prabhu's Blog said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Prabhu's Blog said...

keep it coming,,,,was a good read

Vrinda Prasad said...

Ahem Ahem.. watte writing.. keep it going on the blog for we are eager to read ur stuff.... :) :)

Unknown said...

There are always positves and negatives of any technology or for that matter anythng .Even on the blog u might be keen to post somthng and wait for some reactions like ur doing now.But everyone has got a right to think their own way and express.So enjpy ur blogging n expect to see u soon on Fb and twitter bcoz wr missing those crazy comments.

Unknown said...

There are always positves and negatives of any technology or for that matter anythng .Even on the blog u might be keen to post somthng and wait for some reactions like ur doing now.But everyone has got a right to think their own way and express.So enjpy ur blogging n expect to see u soon on Fb and twitter bcoz wr missing those crazy comments.

Prabhakar said...

baagundhi ra.........
neeeeeeeeee sodhi
keep it cumin,
its good that u feel so much for ur friens..........
u write pretty well

Charan fotografie said...

Bhanu garu i need ur appointment is it possible.. its my dream to work under u guys..

gopi said...

u say very gud sodi..!! sharing ur sodi 2 ur friends is appreciable...in these sodhis smoking sodi is very nice.but dont smoke, even i will try not to.... this is my sodi...!! :-)